Damaged hair with split ends occur when the protective outer layer of the hair cuticle wears away because of external stressors, such as heat styling like flat ironing, hair dryer, exposure to the sun and salon chemical services. Once the internal structure of the hair is exposed, it becomes weakened, dehydrated and damaged, causing split ends.
Also when there is a lack of moisture in the air, the hair gets very dry and brittle, and looks as if it’s completely broken.
Because we can’t always splurge on expensive salon conditioning treatments, here we give you ultimate DIY miracle hair repair advice how to do it yourself with ingredients in your kitchen.
This recipe can’t changed hair from dry, brittle, and split, to super shiny, moisturized, and soften within just one application!
What’s the secret with DIY miracle damaged hair repair?
Pure, simple coconut oil! But it’s how you use it that yields amazing results! If your hair is extremely dry and breaking, use this hair repair once a day for week. Then, switched to twice a week. After your hair finally feels and looks luscious, you can apply it just once a week. So here’s how to get amazingly soft, healthy hair again with this DIY Miracle Damaged Hair Repair…
- 100% organic coconut oil (melted)
- A wet, warm towel (choose a light, microfiber one though)
- Apple cider vinegar (optional)
You can do this a few different ways depending on your schedule. You can leave this on overnight, but you can also just leave the oil on for 20 minutes.
- Using melted coconut oil, apply about a tablespoon onto dry, unwashed hair. Massage gently into scalp for a few minutes. This will stimulate hair growth and spread the coconut oil evenly.
- Wet a light, microfibre towel using hot water (be careful not to burn your hands!) and wrap it around your hair.
- Leave the towel on for as long as you like! If you can’t sleep with it on, leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Remove the towel and shampoo and condition your hair as you would normally.
- This is optional, but you can rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar as it gets rid of all the residue and leaves your hair very shiny and manageable.